Monday, January 16, 2017

Crocheted popcorn garland



I love being crafty and I love making things for other people. I especially love getting commissioned to make something special for someone! 


So, you can imagine my excitement when my good friend Jackie contacted me to make some popcorn garlands for her and her Mom.
 


I found a couple of different patterns and showed them to Jackie. Her Mom really liked one of them. I found the free pattern on Ravelry. I used a 3.5mm hook and I Love this Yarn sport weight in white from Hobby Lobby. 













This particular pattern makes a long strand of connected popcorn pieces. It uses a cluster stitch where the last loop of 4 treble crochets are left on the hook and then you yarn over and go through all 5 loops on the hook at once (pictured above). 


















I made a total of 4 strands, each between 6 and 8 feet long. It was a relaxing easy pattern once I got the hang of the treble cluster stitch. A bit time consuming, but when you are sitting in front of the TV, at least you feel like you get something accomplished! :)


Don't those popcorn garland strands look so nice next to the beautiful ornaments!?




            

After I made the popcorn strands for Jackie's Mom, Jackie found another super cute popcorn pattern! The one she found makes individual popcorn pieces and then you string them together with whatever yarn/wire/twine you want! They turned out SUPER DUPER cute! I'll be posting that pattern soon!

Simply beautiful!

The four strands of popcorn garland ready to ship! 


Thanks, Jackie, for commissioning me to make some fun, beautiful, and simple popcorn garlands to add to your Mom's tree! I'll be doing a post soon on the cute popcorn pieces I made for your tree! I can't decide which one I like more - they are both so fun!

A few years ago, I made Jackie a beautiful waffle weave blanket for her sweet baby boy, Emmett. Here is a link to the waffle weave blanket pattern.

1 comment: