Monday, October 19, 2015

Cabbage Patch doll hat





The beginning of my Cabbage Patch hat.

 I decided to try crocheting a Cabbage Patch hair hat for my adorable niece, Sydney. I used this pattern with I Love This Yarn from Hobby Lobby in brown. I made the 6-9 month size. For the pigtails, I took the instructions from this pattern.
 This hat uses the loop stitch to create the main part of the hat. The pigtails are done using strands of yarn folded over and tied in place with yarn. Then, the pigtails are tied onto the hat using more brown yarn.
Hat is almost complete. Pigtails just need to be tied on.







 I have many fond memories playing with my Cabbage Patch doll. It took some digging at my parent's place, but I found her! I was trying to replicate her hair and I think these patterns NAILED it.
The finished hat held next to my Cabbage Patch doll.







 As you can see, the hat looks remarkably like the original! To finish the look, I actually took the white ribbons from the my doll and tied them onto the hat.
My SUPER adorable niece, Sydney, sporting her new hat! Isn't she too sinkin' cute?!



No comments:

Post a Comment