Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Matching adult-sized crocheted poncho!




Have you dug out your boots and ponchos yet? If not, it’s time! As promised, here is the adult version of the crocheted poncho I made for my niece, Sydney. 


This pattern is pretty much identical to the toddler size, only bigger. :) I found the FREE pattern here: http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/crochet-pattern-boho-poncho.html

The picture to the right is what the start of each row looks like: A chain of 4 and then 3 double crochets. When you get to the end of the row, you'll crochet 2 more double crochets in that same stitch and slip stitch it to the top of the initial chain 3.

The only thing I did differently was not include the scalloped edging. I wanted it to look exactly like the toddler version so instead of doing the fancy scalloped edging, 
I completed the poncho by chaining 1 and single crocheting around the entire thing to give it a nice finished look.


Since Steph is pretty skinny and tall, I stuck to the smaller size and only started with the chain of 44. I used the same yarn as the smaller poncho: Lion Brand Homespun in the color Clouds. It is so super soft and delightfully toasty warm. In fact, after finishing this poncho, I decided I needed one of my own. I want to use a different kind of yarn so I can play around with a different texture and color scheme, so I’ll be going shopping soon to find something fun and unique!









This poncho pattern works up so fast! I had it finished in a little over a day. And, once you get the pattern down, you really don’t have to think about it or count. I repeatedly had Steph try it on to make sure it was the correct size and to determine how long to make it.


Aren’t matching mother-daughter ponchos the best?! Too cute for words! 









































Enjoy the free pattern and get busy working on your own poncho!



No comments:

Post a Comment